Top Food Blogs

Thursday 9 June 2011

Pasta (spaghetti) with cream cheese



Whenever conflict interest strike,I rather crochet my zara wool yarn into a plate of pasta! not  cooking any real meal.Yeiks! but a mouthful of yarn wouldn't keep 3 little hungry birds happy :C. Pisst  !! don't tell them! I will whip up  a one pot Speedy Meal.The trick is I ask them to  freshen up (shower!!!) while  i whip up this meal. Took me 15 minutes.I'm very good at this:D - gave me more crafty time or thinking or dreaming of next project to get my itchy hands on.

Pasta (spaghetti) with cream sauce
250g    wholewheat  pasta (faster to type :D )
            salt
50g      butter or olive spread
150g    button mushrooms,sliced
100g    chicken breast,diced.-season with salt and pepper.
2 tbspn chopped fresh herbs (basil,parsley anything available)
             freshly ground black pepper
300ml   double cream
2          egg yolks
100g    double Gloucester cheese,grated or your favourite .

Method

1.Cook the pasta in boiling water according to packet.
2.Gently brown chicken breast and saute mushrooms in olive oil .Add in salt and pepper to taste.Stir in herbs.
3.In separate pan,gently heat the cream without allowing to boil.Beat the egg yolks,stir in cheese,add in salt and pepper.Remove from stove.
4.Drain the pasta,return to the pan and toss it with the chicken and mushrooms mixture.
5.Serve warm in a serving dish.Pour on the cream and cheese sauce. Garnish with some herbs.

My nice smell(y??)  hungry birds are really cannot wait anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment